On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 5:13 PM, Tim Ribaric <triba...@brocku.ca> wrote:
> Hi helix84,
>   Thanks for the advice.   I think we are going to try a test with a vanilla
> install of DSpace 3.0 and use some of the AIP functionality to migrate our
> data in.  As much as my Sys Admin assures me the upgrades went ok I think
> something squirrely happened.  I totally overlooked the XML workflow features
> so I think I'll have to read up on those.
>
> Thanks again,
>  Tim

Please, always CC dspace-tech when replying.

The AIP functionality has been available only since DSpace 1.7. You can either
1) export the database and upgrade the schema for each version
(including those you're skipping), which is essentially what the
upgrading steps describe; or
2) you can export the repository via the Simple Archive Format and
reimport it in the new one.

XmlWorkflow has been available since 1.8 and is optional (not enabled
by default). There also was a problem when using it with Oracle, so
watch out for that if you're on Oracle.

Regards,
~~helix84