On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 4:26 PM, Samson, Wesley
<wesley.sam...@mso.umt.edu> wrote:
> That's a mistake in my e-mail.  The .mp3 file has an .mp3 extension.  That's
> what I get for trying to do too many things at once.  Thanks for the catch.

OK, I was just checking the obvious things first. I can't think of
anything else that could go wrong, sorry. There's nothing in DSpace
that would treat mp3s differently.

Try thinking of what else those files have in common besides being an
mp3. Try changing its extension to something else, just for testing.
What about capital letters in file name or extension?

Regards,
~~helix84