Unfortunately the highlighting and search snippets is currently a XMLUI-only functionality.

From the DSpace 3.0 documentation
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC3x/Discovery#Discovery-DiscoverySOLRIndexMaintenance

XMLUI-only:

  * Hit highlighting and search snippets support
  * "More like this" (related items)

Hope this help,
Andrea

Il 07/01/2013 10:11, helix84 ha scritto:
On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 10:00 AM, mErRYo <merryob...@yahoo.com> wrote:
I have installled Dspace 3.0 with postgresql and using JSPUI with discovery. I enbaled media
filter for html,pdf & word to search text within these format documents. But when i check
it i dont get the result. I only get the result if my search word is present in title or
abstract field. Can anyone help me to resolve this issue. I checked the demo on dspace.org
and it gives the searching within the pdf documents also. E.g. If i am searching
"authentication" word and if this word doesn't exist in title or in abstract but do
exists with in the pdf document i must get that result. This is currenty not happening in my
installed version.
After running filter-media, try running index-update and update-discovery-index.

Also, make sure your PDFs contain searchable text - try selecting text
with your mouse in the PDF. You can also log in as administrator and
verify that the text has been successfully extracted by editing the
item, looking at its bitstreams and checking that the TEXT bundle
contains a text document corresponding to the PDF, downloading it and
viewing it to see if it was extracted correctly.

Regards,
~~helix84