In April 2012, the query and response below were posted.

(1) I am seeing the same issue in DSpace 3.0 and (2) have verified (and
re-verified) that the file noted below is present and current.

Any additional suggestions?  Is only a Tomcat re-start required or must
there be a re-build?

*Environment:*
OS:            Mac OS X 10.7.5 (Lion)*
*
DSpace:        3.0
Apache Tomcat: 7.0.27
Java:          1.6.0_37
Apache Maven:  3.0.3
Ant:           1.8.2

Thanks.

---------------------

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 16:18, Smith, Ina <[hidden
email]<http://dspace.2283337.n4.nabble.com/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4567908&i=0>

<[hidden
email]<http://dspace.2283337.n4.nabble.com/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4567908&i=1>>
wrote:
> We experience trouble getting our Top country and Top city views display
> correctly. See for example
> http://scholar.sun.ac.za/handle/10019.1/5194/statistics

Do you have this file?
[dspace]/config/GeoLiteCity.dat

It should be downloaded automatically by maven during the build
process. If it's not, you can get it manually:
cd [dspace]/config/
wget http://geolite.maxmind.com/download/geoip/database/GeoLiteCity.dat.gz
gzip -d GeoLiteCity.dat.gz

Then restart Tomcat.