Discovery is modified according to the needs of the repository owner. For
example I created an advisor index. See: http://scholar.sun.ac.za.

On 24 January 2013 21:31, Charles Kinney <cbkinn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> As I've said, I'm a naive DSpace user (am a former database developer,
> turned lawyer).  My objective is to use DSpace to manage legal
> pleadings.  Gradually, I'm beginning to understand DSpace implementation,
> but am still fairly blindly following documentation, aided by examples
> gleaned from existing code.  From comments in [dspace]/config/dspace.cfg, I
> assumed I needed to set indices, etc. for Discovery. So, for example, the
> following comments document some modifications to the .cfg file:
>
> # Added, for Discovery interface:
> # webui.browse.index.6 = osefileno:metadata:dc.identifier.other:text:asc
> # webui.itemlist.sort-option.5 = osefileno:dc.identifier.other:osefileno
> # search.index.14 = osefileno:dc.identifier.other
>
> These changes appear to have been sufficient to add dc.identifier.other
> (used for an internal case file identifier) to the Mirage Discovery
> sidebar. Similar changes added one other dc element.
>
> In any case, my original question remains:  when, precisely, must I modify
> [dspace]/config/spring/api/discovery.xml?  Unfortunately, because I'm not
> a Java/web/etc programmer, the Discovery documentation remains somewhat
> opaque to me.
>
> (In that context, I've found comments from you and other tech list
> contributors very helpful. Thanks to all!)
>

> On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 6:07 PM, helix84 <heli...@centrum.sk> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 1:57 AM, Charles Kinney <cbkinn...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > By modifying two files -- [dspace]/config/dspace.cfg and
>> [dspace]/modules/xmlui/src/main/webapp/i18n/messages.xml -- and updating
>> indices, I have successfully added Dublin Core metadata elements to the
>> Discovery sidebar
>>

>> Hi Charles,
>>
>> how did you do that? I'm not familiar with that procedure. Does it
>> have something to do with Lucene indexes? (because those are indeed
>> configured in dspace.cfg)
>>

>> Regards,
>> ~~helix84
>>
>> Compulsory reading: DSpace Mailing List Etiquette
>> https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/Mailing+List+Etiquette

> List Etiquette:

*Hilton Gibson*
Systems Administrator
JS Gericke Library
Room 1025D
Stellenbosch University
Private Bag X5036
Stellenbosch
7599
South Africa

Tel: +27 21 808 4100 | Cell: +27 84 646 4758
http://library.sun.ac.za
http://scholar.sun.ac.za
http://ar1.sun.ac.za
http://aj1.sun.ac.za