Hi All,

We are trying to upgrade from DSpace 1.7.2 to 3.0 and checked out the
DSpace 3.0 branch from github. I followed the upgrading steps for
DSpace 1.7 to 1.8 and then 1.8 to 3.0 (run upgrade script). However,
when I tried to use the submission process to complete a submit, the
system will hang there and give me Internal Server Error (timeout) and
the dspace log have following errors -

ERROR org.dspace.core.I18nUtil @ No language specified for EPerson 18
ERROR org.dspace.statistics.SolrLoggerUsageEventListener @ Invalid
version (expected 2, but 1) or the data in not in 'javabin' format

When I turn on the debugger, it shows the system is trying to query
some of the communities and subcommunities which seem totally
unrelated to the collection I am trying to submit to. Does anyone have
a clue why this is happening? What I am trying to submit is a small
pdf file and won't take long for 1.7.2 to complete.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Ying @ Rice Univeristy