On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 10:37 PM, Mckeane Thomas
<mckeane.tho...@gmail.com> wrote:
> dspace source (which is dspace 3.1). I get this message: OAI server did not
> contain any updates on 2013-03-05 16:35:54.606

Hi Thomas,

I'm not sure what's happening, just thinking aloud here. The message
is from the scheduled harvester run (which probably runs once per day)
and it says no new items were found in the last day. I think 2 things
may have gone wrong here, depending on whether no items at all have
been harvested (b) or only items updated since the last harvest can't
be harvested (a).

a) If you previously successfully harvested all the items and now have
trouble harvesting updates, you may have forgotten to schedule the oai
importer ([dspace]/bin/dspace oai import). You see, onlike the old OAI
module, the new one doesn't query for changes in real time, it uses
several layers of caching, therefore any updates must be imported. So
schedule the run of "oai import".

b) If your harvested collection is empty, probably something went
wrong with the first import, but the timestamp still got updated. Now
it's only searching for updates since that timestamp. If this is the
case, you have to look at your logs at the time of the original import
and find the problem. It might be easier to turn off harvesting of
that collection and set it up again and try to reproduce the problem.

Regards,
~~helix84