Again, I have no test environment to confirm this, but you should be able to
more simply suppress specific <li> elements by creating a more specific
template which does nothing (i.e. is empty).

Instead of helix84’s template, add this template where it is appropriate (for
customisations to go):

<xsl:template match="dri:reference[
  @url='/metadata/handle/10854/1945/mets.xml' or
  @url='/metadata/handle/10854/1946/mets.xml' or
  @url='/metadata/handle/10854/2040/mets.xml' or
  @url='/metadata/handle/10854/2041/mets.xml'
  ]" mode="summaryList" /> <!-- this template has no content -->

Note that this would have the side-effect of removing the HTML comments
(invisible) from the output. I doubt it, but that could have other consequences
(?).

If you wanted a more robust matching pattern, like the "contains 'Formulari' in
the title" you coded, you'd need to specify an XPath for that expression from
the context of <dri:reference>. I can't even provide you with a guess for that,
as I have no source XML document example. It will certainly be a long
expression and may not even be possible.

Cheers

Hugh Barnes
Digital Access Coordinator
Library, Teaching and Learning