On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 8:34 PM, Jose Blanco <blan...@umich.edu> wrote:
> ./dspace oai -c import
>
> Now I'm seeing the records.
>
> Question.  It seems like this should be done when the system is down, or we
> could have performance problems and even an interruption to the indexing.  I
> have 75,000 items in the repository.  I think to run this command could take
> many hours, does any one have an idea?

> Because I think that setting up oai to use solar might not be reasonable.  It
> takes too long to get all the items loaded, I tried the db load, but now the
> GetRecord is not working.   I can see the list of identifiers, but get record
> says:  the given id does not exists.

Hi Jose,

"oai import -c" clears the Solr oai core and then starts a full import
"oai import" starts an incremental import (only new/changed items
since last import)

So you needed to run the full import once to clean some previous mess,
but now you only need to run the incremental import.

> I have just prepared oai in my dev area using database storage and and I'm
> seeing a lot of null ids, like this:

I really recommend against DB storage for performance reasons. Yes,
the full import is slow, but you're supposed to do it only once (or
after a schema change). Whereas with DB storage, all reads are slower
by orders of magnitude compared to Solr reads.

I can't help you with the null ids because I practically haven't used
DB storage. João has been MIA for some time now. Switch to Solr
storage and try again.

Regards,
~~helix84