In addition, here is step-by-step guide that may help, based on Ubuntu:
http://wiki.lib.sun.ac.za/index.php/SUNScholar/Asset_Presentation

On 9 April 2013 15:58, Tim Donohue <tdono...@duraspace.org> wrote:

> There are some XMLUI guides up on our wiki at:
>

> https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/DSpaceResources#DSpaceResources-Guides
>
> These guides are all slightly dated, but they still give a good overview
> of how the XMLUI functions. So, they might be a good place to start.
> Specifically, these all give a good overview of how XMLUI (& Apache
> Cocoon, which it's based on) work:
>
> http://www.slideshare.net/tdonohue/making-dspace-xmlui-your-own
> http://www.tdl.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/LearningToUseManakin.pdf
> http://www.tdl.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/Introducing%20Manakin.pdf
>
> There are additional tips on how to perform specific actions in the
> XMLUI at: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/XMLUI+How+To+Guides
>
> If you have other specific questions, you can obviously ask on this
> list, and we'll try and help!
>
> On 4/9/2013 8:16 AM, LifeH2O wrote:
> > Thank you for replying. We started on JSPUI because we had no idea how
> XMLUI
> > is working. We are thinking to move to XMLUI. Can you suggest an easy
> > tutorial to understand how XML interface works.
> >

> > --

> > List Etiquette:

> List Etiquette:

*Hilton Gibson*
Systems Administrator
JS Gericke Library
Room 1025D
Stellenbosch University
Private Bag X5036
Stellenbosch
7599
South Africa

Tel: +27 21 808 4100 | Cell: +27 84 646 4758
http://library.sun.ac.za
http://scholar.sun.ac.za
http://ar1.sun.ac.za
http://aj1.sun.ac.za