I added a new servlet in the directory *
D:\dspace-1.8.2-src-release\dspace-jspui\dspace-jspui-api\src\main\java\org\dspace\app\webui\servlet\TestServlet.
*

I am just learning how to add servlet. The TestServlet file does the same
work as the CommunityList.servlet. Then I also connected it to another
test.jsp file that is stored in *
D:\dspace-1.8.2-src-release\dspace-jspui\dspace-jspui-webapp\src\main\webapp\test.jsp
*

test.jsp does the same work as community-list.jsp file.I made relevant
changes in navbar-default.jsp.

I changed the web.xml in *
D:\dspace-1.8.2-src-release\dspace-jspui\dspace-jspui-webapp\src\main\webapp\WEB-INF
* and mapped the (URL defined in jsp) to the servlet defined above..

I rebuilt dspace (mvn package and then ant update from .cmd)

But after rebuilding, the jsp didn't appear in the installation directory.
Hence, I had to copy it there and also make relevant changes in
navbar-default.jsp manually... Also I manually edited the web.xml file in
the installation directory and mapped the URL etc again.

But the log file shows the following error:

2013-04-24 12:38:00,774 WARN
org.dspace.app.webui.servlet.InternalErrorServlet @
:session_id=09A03CC9D11D70FCC9749046292D7FA2:internal_error:-- URL Was:
http://localhost:8181/jspui/internal-error
-- Method: GET
-- Parameters were:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.dspace.app.webui.servlet.TestServlet
    at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1714)
    at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1559)

Why didn't the new jsp and servlet mapping come in the installation
directory? (Did I built it wrong?) Or is there anything more to be done to
make this TestServlet work?

*Thanks for your help!*

--
Divya Gandhi