On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 3:53 PM, Kirti Bodhmage <k.bodhm...@qmul.ac.uk> wrote:
> It looks like some robot is using http://qmro.qmul.ac.uk/jspui/browse  url
> while it should be using this url with some parameter.

Hi Kirti,

that must be some kind of error in your repository, because it
shouldn't happen. If you call browse without any parameter, it should
display "Browsing by Title", as you can see here (I also verified it
on a 1.7.2 repository):
http://demo.dspace.org/jspui/browse

> Is there any way to stop robot to browse the website?

Definitely don't add "Disallow: /browse" to robots.txt. It would
practically prevent crawlers from indexing your whole site. A better
way would be to try to fix the /browse URL somehow. Either find out
why it's broken and fix it in DSpace or, if n case you're using Apache
HTTPD in front of httpd, you can simply redirect /jspui/browse to
/jspui/browse?type=title, thus avoiding the problem.

Regards,
~~helix84