On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 03:37:38PM +0530, SanjibKumarDeka wrote:
[his database connection works now.  Congratulations!]
> About to send test email:
>  - To: s...@iitg.ernet.in
>  - Subject: DSpace test email
>  - Server: https://webmail.iitg.ernet.in

That is not a proper host name.  The value of "mail.server" (in
config/dspace.cfg) must be a hostname, not a URL.  And DSpace can't
use a web "mail" interface; it requires SMTP.  I tried 'telnet
webmail.iitg.ernet.in smtp' and was refused, which might mean that
ernet.in isn't running SMTP.  If it is not, you need to find the name
of the host that does offer you SMTP service, and code that name as
the value of "mail.server".

> Error sending email:
>  - Error: javax.mail.MessagingException: Unknown SMTP host:
> https://webmail.iitg.ernet.in;
>   nested exception is:
>         java.net.UnknownHostException: https://webmail.iitg.ernet.in

And this is what happens when you code a URL where a bare domain name
is wanted.

--
Mark H. Wood, Lead System Programmer   mw...@iupui.edu
Machines should not be friendly.  Machines should be obedient.