Hello,
     Can anyone tell me if it's a workable solution to put Postgres on a
separate server from your Dspace application?  In the past, we've had them on
the same server, but are considering configuring a Postgres-only server so that
we don't have Postgres instances all over the place.

     We currently have most of our Dspace instances on Sun Solaris 10/Unix
machines.

     If this is possible (I'm thinking it is), can anyone list pros and cons of
implementing this configuration?  Are they any performance issues we need to be
aware of, etc?
Thanks in advance,
Sue

Sue Thornton
Software Developer/DBA
SGT, Inc. ~ LITES Contract
NASA Langley Research Center
130 Research Drive, Hampton, VA.  23666
Office: (757) 224-4130  Mobile: (757) 506-9903  Fax: (757) 224-4001
susan.m.thorn...@nasa.gov<mailto:susan.m.thorn...@nasa.gov>
sthorn...@sgt-inc.com<mailto:sthorn...@sgt-inc.com>

<<inline: image001.gif>>