https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC3x/Authentication+Plugins#AuthenticationPlugins-ConfiguringAuthenticationbyPassword

Hope this help,
Andrea

Il 24/05/2013 11:41, ribin.jo...@niist.res.in ha scritto:
My motive is to keep a track of who all access which documents.

Ribin Jones S.B
Scientist
IT LAB, Knowledge Resource Centre
CSIR - NIIST (National Institute for Interdisciplinary Science and Technology), Govt. of India
Pappanamcode, Thiruvananthapuram - 695019
Kerala, India
www.niist.res.in
Mob: +91 9895226242

----- Original Message -----
From: "Hilton Gibson" <hilton.gib...@gmail.com>
To: "ribin jones" <ribin.jo...@niist.res.in>
Cc: "dspace-tech" <dspace-tech@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Friday, May 24, 2013 3:00:03 PM
Subject: Re: [Dspace-tech] how to disable download form communities and collection for unregistered users

Hi Ribin

Doesn't this request obviate the "open access" nature of an institutional repository.
DSpace was built to be an open access institutional repository vehicle.
I also do not think it was meant to be a peer-reviewed system for submission of academic articles.
Perhaps the mission and scope of DSpace has changed, I am not sure.
Recently a set "core" principles was released. Perhaps someone on this list can point us to the online documentation regarding these "core" principles.

Regards

hg

I have created a Community in dspace. How do we set permission in "Communities and Collections" so that when an anonymous user tries to download the file asks for the email address and password?

Ribin Jones S.B
Scientist
IT LAB, Knowledge Resource Centre
CSIR - NIIST (National Institute for Interdisciplinary Science and Technology), Govt. of India
Pappanamcode, Thiruvananthapuram - 695019
Kerala, India
www.niist.res.in
Mob: +91 9895226242

CINECA
Andrea Bollini
Dipartimento Servizi e Soluzioni per l'Amministrazione Universitaria
Divisione Ricerca

Via dei Tizii, 6
00185 Roma, Italy
tel. +39 06 59 292 853 - mob. +39 348 82 77 525

http://www.cineca.it