Hi everyone,
I am using DSpace 1.6 and I am encountering the following situation:
When a Item is published, DSpace generates two handles that points to the
exactly same Item.
The workflow is as follows:
First, the Item is submitted to a collection. From there, that Item has to
be revised. When some metadata is added, we *approve *the submission.
DSpace generates a URL with a handle, say 2011/3986.
But when I check the Item (Edit Item option), the value of the section "*In
Collections*" is the Item's collection repeated twice (attachment).
And there is another handle pointing to that Item: 2011/3985. If we try to
access the URL with 2011/3985 suffix, we end up in the Item's page, but the
message "*Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:*" will
contain the 2011/3986 handle. As if 2011/3985 was just a link to 2011/3986.
Any thoughts on this?

--
*Manoel Afonso Filho
Bacheloring in Computer Science