Here is one for our new digital collections server:
http://digital.lib.sun.ac.za

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<document xmlns="http://di.tamu.edu/DRI/1.0/"; xmlns:i18n="
http://apache.org/cocoon/i18n/2.1"; version="1.1">
<head>About Digital Collections</head>
Information Service’s unique digital collections and repositories. It
offers a single connection point to various collections of primary
resources as well as digital research output.
    In support of digital scholarship, sharing our valuable resources and
promoting intellectual collaboration the Library and Information Service
offers free online access to these digital collections.
    This initiative forms part of the Library’s commitment to enriching its
digital resources and supporting, developing and contributing to high-level
scholarly publication output.</p>
<options/>
<userMeta/>
<pageMeta/>
<repositoryMeta/>
</document>

Also check if you are modifying a source file or a live webapp file.

On 13 June 2013 09:56, Md. Ataur Rahman <ataurb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The news-xmlui.xml file details is as follows-
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
> <document xmlns="http://di.tamu.edu/DRI/1.0/"; xmlns:i18n="
> http://apache.org/cocoon/i18n/2.1"; version="1.1">
> <head>DSpace Repository</head>
> <options/>
> <userMeta/>
> <pageMeta/>
> <repositoryMeta/>
> </document>
>
> Whats the wrong here.........I can't understand. I've also tried by
> restarting tomcat according to this "
> http://dspace.2283337.n4.nabble.com/changes-in-news-xmlui-xml-not-picked-up-after-tomcat-restart-td3279113.html#a3279118";
> but no result
>

> On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 1:35 PM, helix84 <heli...@centrum.sk> wrote:
>
>> Hi Ataur,
>>
>> news-xmlui.xml is not an HTML file. It has its own syntax. It's an XML
>> file which is not nearly as forgiving to syntax errors as HTML. If
>> it's not well-formed, it simply won't work. Use a tool like xmllint to
>> check its syntax after you change it.
>>
>> Although you can use <p>, you can't use <P> as per XML syntax.
>>

>> Regards,
>> ~~helix84
>>
>> Compulsory reading: DSpace Mailing List Etiquette
>> https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/Mailing+List+Etiquette

> List Etiquette:

*Hilton Gibson*
Linux Systems Administrator
JS Gericke Library
Room 1025C
Stellenbosch University
Private Bag X5036
Stellenbosch
7599
South Africa

Tel: +27 21 808 4100 | Cell: +27 84 646 4758
http://library.sun.ac.za
http://scholar.sun.ac.za
http://www.journals.ac.za