On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 2:55 PM, SanjibKumarDeka <xan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Could anybody please tell me the difference between editing/ changing a file
> in the Source and Installed location? If we make a change in the installed
> location does it changes automatically in the source location ? Or should we
> need to change in both the location ?

The files from [dspace-source] are copied to [dspace] during the "ant
fresh_install" or "ant update" step. During update, ant will backup
and replace some directories in [dspace], e.g. [dspace]/webapps to
[dspace]/webapps.bak-20130614-142609.

You're supposed to make changes in [dspace-source], build them using
"mvn package" and deploy them using "ant update".

At your own risk, it is possible to take a shortcut and edit files in
[dspace]. These changes are _never_ automatically reflected in
[dspace-source], you should _always_ do the change manually also in
[dspace-source]. If you don't, your changes in [dspace] will be
replaced the next time you run ant, as described above.

Regards,
~~helix84