Hello Terry,

then you got to fallback to manipulating the database directly (usually
warning about backup etc.)

If e.g. you want to move the collection with id 34 from community id 1
to community id 7 you got to run:

update community2collection set community_id=7 where community_id=1 and
collection_id=34;

The run index-init and oai import.

Hope this helps

Claudia Jürgen

Am 14.06.2013 15:22, schrieb Terry Brady:
> Thanks to all of you for the feedback.  This is very helpful.
>
> I have done a little bit of experimentation with the DSpace export
> functionality, and I had the impression that I might lose some hierarchical
> information in the process.  I am encouraged to hear that that information
> can be preserved on export.  I will do some further experimentation.
>
> Terry
>

> On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 3:46 AM, helix84 <heli...@centrum.sk> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 10:42 PM, Terry Brady <tw...@georgetown.edu>
>> wrote:
>>> Aside from running my own SQL, is there an existing tool to accomplish
>> such
>>> a relationship?
>>
>> Hi Terry,
>>
>> I'd look into using AIP import/export of a whole subtree. I know, it's
>> more invasive than flipping a "pointer" somewhere as
>> community-filiator does, but it's well documented (not that there
>> would be any caveats in SQL). So here's how you can export a
>> collection:
>>

>> https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC3x/AIP+Backup+and+Restore#AIPBackupandRestore-ExportingAIPHierarchy
>>
>> Then you'd need to delete it and import  it using the restore mode
>> (-r) with a new parent community (-p). Make sure you try this to get
>> familiar with it, e.g. on demo.dspace.org before you do it in
>> production.
>>

>> Regards,
>> ~~helix84
>>
>> Compulsory reading: DSpace Mailing List Etiquette
>> https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/Mailing+List+Etiquette

> Build for Windows Store.
>
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/windows-dev2dev

> List Etiquette: