Hello Everyone,
We are getting ready to do a long overdue upgrade from 1.5.2 to 3.1. In
light of that, I have two questions...

1) This wiki post by Mark Diggory details how to upgrade on the same box
without overwriting - essentially install the new code, diff the config
file differences, copy the db files to the new instance, and run the db
upgrades. We need to upgrade on a new server due to OS issues. Are there
any additional considerations replicating Mark's process on a new server?
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/To+upgrade+without+overwriting

2) Our assetstore is on a Compellent SAN accessible via a server mount.
What I would love to do is use this upgrade as an opportunity to set up
live and development DSpace servers that are as close as possible to being
exact replicas. Is it possible to have two DSpace instances pointing to the
same assetstore? Do database changes in DSpace upgrades affect the
assetstore ?

Thanks!
Spencer

--