From: bluy...@gmail.com [mailto:bluy...@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Bram Luyten
Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2013 1:36 PM
To: Isaak, David C
Cc: dspace-tech@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Dspace-tech] Error when using itemupdate to add multiple metadata
fields

Hi David,

just part of the answer bit it may set you on the right track:

the reason why ; breaks your command is because it will tell the CLI to
interprete "dc.contributor.y" as a separate command to be executed after the
previous part. So I guess that will never work.

what happens if you try:

[dspace]/bin/dspace itemupdate -e j...@user.com<mailto:j...@user.com> -s
[path/to/archive] -a dc.contributor.x. -a dc.contributor.y -a dc.contributor.z

instead of

[dspace]/bin/dspace itemupdate -e j...@user.com<mailto:j...@user.com> -s
[path/to/archive] -a dc.contributor.x.;dc.contributor.y;dc.contributor.z

The docs you are referring to are here:
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC3x/Updating+Items+via+Simple+Archive+Format
 right?

I'm not really sure why the note is there about the semicolon.

hope this helps,

Bram

--
[logo]

Bram Luyten @mire
2888 Loker Avenue East, Suite 315, Carlsbad, CA. 92010
Esperantolaan 4, Heverlee 3001, Belgium
www.atmire.com<http://atmire.com/website/?q=services&utm_source=emailfooter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=braml>

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 5:40 PM, Isaak, David C