Hi Ben and helix,

Thanks so much for all your information regarding federating DSpace. I feel
that this information would be worth putting up on the wiki or some appropriate
place online where others could easily access it.

This is a lot of food for thought but a great starting point - it's clear that
I need to define my requirements more fully before making any decisions, but
thanks to you I have some good reference points on which to base those
decisions. Would you mind if I sent my requirements and thoughts on how to
proceed back to the list to get your further input?

One thing I do know is that yes, Ben, I am planning to build an interface to
search over the aggregate collection of instances - I'd want some sort of
indicator for each item as to which source instance it belongs to.

Thanks again,
Gary

GARY BROWNE | Development Programmer
Library IT Services | Fisher Library F03

THE UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY

T +61 2 9351 5946  | M +61 405 647 868
E gary.bro...@sydney.edu.au  | W http://sydney.edu.au
Sent from my plain old desktop computer.

CRICOS 00026A
This email plus any attachments to it are confidential. Any unauthorised use is
strictly prohibited. If you receive this email in error, please delete it and
any attachments.
Please think of our environment and only print this e-mail if necessary.