Tim Donohue-3 wrote
> Though, to be clear -- the replicate code is *not* hooked up to DSpace's
> SWORD ingestion process yet.
>
> So, if we wanted to ingest bags via SWORD (which sounds like a good idea
> to me), I believe there's still one piece missing:
>
> * a SWORDIngester class which calls the replicate code to ingest a bag
> received via SWORD into DSpace. (This would be similar to how there's a
> SWORDMETSIngester which forwards METS packages on to the DSpace METS
> PackageIngester)
>
> - Tim

I was excited at the idea that perhaps the SwordBagitIngester could forward
packages onto the Replicate Suite, but I think maybe it's not quite that
simple? The Replicate Suite seems to be specifically designed for
backup/restore processes.

The main issue that I am concerned about is that "BagitRestoreFromAIP" seems
to check some sort of deletion catalog before performing the restore? Do you
happen to know off hand whether the Replicate Suite could digest exported
bagit packages from a /different/ repository?

Thanks for any pointers that you may be able to offer :-).

- Nate R.