As it looks as not asked before...
have you reindex your content after have changed the discovery
configuration?
as you have noted the filter are index under a different SOLR field, in
your case type

> <bean id="searchFilterType"
> class="org.dspace.discovery.configuration.DiscoverySearchFilter">
>         <property name="indexFieldName" value="type"/>
it is derived from your indexFieldName configuration.

The metadata are automatically indexed in discovery in the form
schema.element.qualifier so it is right that you already have dc.type in
your index but if have added the type searchFilter only recently it only
affect items added or changed after this change.
Hope this help,
Andrea

--
Andrea Bollini
Dipartimento Servizi e Soluzioni per l'Amministrazione Universitaria

Via dei Tizii, 6
00185 Roma, Italy
tel. +39 06 44 486 087 - mob. +39 348 82 77 525
http://www.cineca.it