Hi Brian and Helix,

Thanks for the info, I managed to fetched the metadata using
item.getMetadata. I'm confused though, if item.getDC was deprecated, why is
it still using the deprecated org.dspace.content.DCValue class? I'm using
this code to fetch the citation of an item: DCValue[] citationDC =
item.getMetadata("dc", "identifier", "citation", Item.ANY) or do I have to
import another class?

Thanks once again and regards,
Elvi