On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 12:43 PM, Stephano John <mga...@suanet.ac.tz> wrote:
> We have almost finished setting up dspace 3.0.1 to be used as an
> institutional repository, unfortunately all e-person who are left as
> anonymous members are not able to upload any documents in the repository.
> I thought its like in dspace 1.8 all those in that group by default are
> able to upload documents. But the same e-person if you add them in
> administrators group, they are able to upload the docs.

Hi Stephano,

it's normal behaviour that anonymous users cannot upload into the repository.

You probably had your DSpace 1.8 repository set up in a different way
and those users were not anonymous. How did you do the migration to
DSpace 3? Did you reuse the database? If you did, the the users,
groups and permissions should remain the same. If you did a fresh
installation, they weren't preserved and you need to set them up
again.

It's not necessary to give them administrator rights. You can simply
give them the right to submit to a particular collection. In XMLUI,
log in as administrator, go to that collection, click on Edit
Collection, then on the Assign Roles tab and create a group of
submitters, this will be called e.g. COLLECTION_1_SUBMIT. Now next to
"Search members to add:" click on "Groups..." and add the "Anonymous"
group as a member of the COLLECTION_1_SUBMIT group. Repeat this for
all collections where you want to allow anonymous submissions.

Regards,
~~helix84