On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 11:17 PM, Schuster, David
<dschus...@mail.twu.edu> wrote:
> Does this fix the problem where LDAP doesn’t automatically assign people to
> a group as instructed in the authentication-LDAP configuration file?

No, DS-1576 fixes a problem where the right configuration property to
enable ldap wouldn't be read.

To figure out which problem you're talking about I need to know your
DSpace version. Assigining all LDAP users to a single group has always
worked, AFAIK (the login.specialgroup option). There was new
functionality added in 3.0 that allows multiple groups based on part
of DN (see [1]), but this was reported broken - only the first mapped
group would be used. I don't see a ticket for it yet, but see [2]. I'd
like to fix this in time for DSpace 4.0.

[1] https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-1078
[2]
http://dspace.2283337.n4.nabble.com/LDAP-and-Special-Groups-Code-td4666099.html

Regards,