On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 12:56 AM, Schuster, David
<dschus...@mail.twu.edu> wrote:
> If I choose not to upload a file the system completes the process.
>
> I did rebuild dspace but continue to get the error...
>
> I get a permissions denied message still as before.
>
> I'm using xmlui on Debian.with  ssl
>
> How can I determine where the system is trying to access for the upload?

I think it's [dspace]/upload, but haven't verified it. Just do "chown
-R dspace:dspace [dspace]", where dspace:dspace is your tomcat user
and group (e.g. tomcat7:tomcat7 in Debian) and [dspace] is your DSpace
installation directory.

> I still can't figure out how to switch the Handle call from 123456789 to my
> assigned handle..

For newly created handles, change handle.canonical.prefix in dspace.cfg.
For existing handles, use [dspace]/bin/dspace make-handle-config, see:

https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC3x/Installation#Installation-TheHandleServer

Regards,
~~helix84