From: ivan.ma...@gmail.com [mailto:ivan.ma...@gmail.com] On Behalf Of helix84
Sent: 23 October 2013 13:34
To: Adam Rousell
Cc: dspace-tech@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Dspace-tech] Maven Package in 3.x

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 12:36 PM, Adam Rousell <adam.rous...@nottingham.ac.uk>
wrote:
> I seem to be having issues with running the maven package on a newly
> downloaded instance of DSpace 3.x. During the package process the
> system hangs when trying to download files. A number of the links
> provided result in a 404 error when trying to access through a browser (i.e.
> http://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/releases/commons-digester/commons-digester/1.6/commons-digester-1.6.jar).
> Is this a problem with the host that holds these files as at the
> minute I cannot build any instances that use these.

Hi Adam,

I'm not sure how Maven got that broken link, because commons-digester-1.6.jar
*is* available on Maven Central [1]. We think this might be a Maven caching
issue. Try building again with:
mvn -U clean package

If that doesn't help, try deleting the ~/.m2 directory. Maven will re-fetch
every dependency and recreate it on its next run.

Which exact 3.x version are you building? We were able to build 3.2
successfully.

[1]
http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cgav%7C1%7Cg%3A%22commons-digester%22%20AND%20a%3A%22commons-digester%22

Regards,