HI Sitali,

You use JSPUI, right? If so, you don't customize [dspace-src]/
dspace/config/news-side.html and run ant update. instead you
log in dspace as admin and  click "Administer" -> "Edit Nesw" ->
"Edit" of Sidebar News. Edit the news and click "Save". The edited
news is reflected immediately.

If your site is multilingual, switch language before editing news,
so that you can edit news in each language separately.

And you can edit [dspace]/config/news-side.html directly,
in this case the edited news is also reflected immediately.

Regards,
Keiji Suzuki,

鈴木敬二@江別市