Hi DSpace gurus,

I need to replace the 160 bitstreams attached to an item in a Dspace 1.8.2
instance with 160 new referenced bitstreams with exactly the same filenames but
different sizes. The complication is that the bitstreams are of the referenced
variety and pretty large -each is around 13GB.

I thought at first all I would need to do was just manually overwrite the
existing bitstream files in their referenced location and all would be fine. I
did a quick test and this almost works but when I download an bitstream using
wget <URL> it fails because the stored bitstream file size no longer
corresponds to the new referenced file size stored in the DSpace database.

I suppose I could manually update the database entries using a database tool
(if I can figure out where the bitstream records are) but is there a simple way
to do this using dspace utilites  ?
Maybe I  could write a curation task ?

>From what I have read in the manual I cannot alter an existing bitstream file
>size easily, so could I
do it by deleting the old bitstreams and adding new referenced ones ?
If so what is the best DSpace tool/method to do this please ?

I need to keep the item handle the same as we are already using the handle in