Hi again all --

  Any help with this?

  To review, I posted a request in mid-September for a login
banner, and got a nice reply from helix84 suggesting the template
solution below.  But, the template doesn't work -- it does present
the banner text on the LDAP log-in page, but it causes the "Sign in"
button to apparently hang -- with a bad username/password combination,
you don't even get an error, it just doesn't do anything.

  I can't find any sensible errors, but I'd be happy to follow up on
any diagnostic suggestions.

  I have done a bit more experimentation, I have duplicated the
problem on a stock "Mirage" template (the previous one had some
customizations, which I thought were irrelevant, but wanted to
be sure).

  I have also learned that the problem is apparently unrelated to
the content of the banner text, I can produce the problem even with
just the template "skeleton", with no <div> tags or text.

  At this point, I'm stumped. A fix for this, or alternative
banner strategies, would be most welcome!

                                        -- A.