Terry,

That's very interesting.  I just tried your code and it works great, I
compared it to the XPDF method as well as our the manual thumbnailing
we've been using (embarassingly) for a few years[0].  The colors in the
PDF I used as an example are a bit exaggerated, but it's not too bad and
the thumbnail is much more crisp.

BTW, I made a pull request[1] on your repo to add some installation /
configuration instructions to your README.md.

Cheers!

Alan

[0] http://i.imgur.com/xzH5tcL.png
[1]
https://github.com/Georgetown-University-Libraries/DSpaceImageMagickThumnails/pull/1

On 10/15/2013 06:34 PM, Terry Brady wrote:
> We had a similar need.  I created a module to build thumbnails with
> ImageMagick and Ghost Script.
>
> If this sounds useful, you can see the code here.
>
> https://github.com/Georgetown-University-Libraries/DSpaceImageMagickThumnails
>
> Terry
>

> On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 11:08 AM, RENTON Scott <scott.ren...@ed.ac.uk>wrote:
>
>> Thanks folks. I've emailed Jason as you can probably see!
>>
>> Scott
>>
>> Scott Renton
>> Systems Developer, Library & University Collections
>> 24 Buccleuch Place, 2nd Floor Right
>> tel: 515219
>>

>> On 15/10/2013 16:02, "RENTON Scott" <scott.ren...@ed.ac.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks Ivan
>>>
>>> I will do- in fact I will mail him now before I forget!
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Scott
>>>
>>> Scott Renton
>>> Systems Developer, Library & University Collections
>>> 24 Buccleuch Place, 2nd Floor Right
>>> tel: 515219

>> --

>> List Etiquette:
>> https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/Mailing+List+Etiquette

> http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=60135031&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk

> List Etiquette:

Alan Orth
alan.o...@gmail.com
http://alaninkenya.org
http://mjanja.co.ke
"I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my
telephone; my wish has come true because I can no longer figure out how
to use my telephone." -Bjarne Stroustrup, inventor of C++
GPG Public Key: 0xf92c4bd91084bb5de14e20be9470dd588dd1026c