I'm getting an error when I try to import a record into DSpace 3.x:

Exception: FATAL: remaining connection slots are reserved for
non-replication superuser connections
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: FATAL: remaining connection slots are
reserved for non-replication superuser connections
     at
org.postgresql.core.v3.ConnectionFactoryImpl.readStartupMessages(ConnectionFactoryImpl.java:471)
     at
org.postgresql.core.v3.ConnectionFactoryImpl.openConnectionImpl(ConnectionFactoryImpl.java:112)
     at
org.postgresql.core.ConnectionFactory.openConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:66)
     at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Connection.<init>(AbstractJdbc2Connection.java:125)
     at
org.postgresql.jdbc3.AbstractJdbc3Connection.<init>(AbstractJdbc3Connection.java:30)
     at
org.postgresql.jdbc3g.AbstractJdbc3gConnection.<init>(AbstractJdbc3gConnection.java:22)
     at
org.postgresql.jdbc4.AbstractJdbc4Connection.<init>(AbstractJdbc4Connection.java:32)
     at org.postgresql.jdbc4.Jdbc4Connection.<init>(Jdbc4Connection.java:24)
     at org.postgresql.Driver.makeConnection(Driver.java:393)
     at org.postgresql.Driver.connect(Driver.java:267)
     at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:579)
     at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:221)
     at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.DriverManagerConnectionFactory.createConnection(DriverManagerConnectionFactory.java:75)
     at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolableConnectionFactory.makeObject(PoolableConnectionFactory.java:582)
     at
org.apache.commons.pool.impl.GenericObjectPool.borrowObject(GenericObjectPool.java:974)
     at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolingDataSource.getConnection(PoolingDataSource.java:106)
     at
org.dspace.storage.rdbms.DatabaseManager.getConnection(DatabaseManager.java:588)
     at org.dspace.core.Context.<init>(Context.java:90)
     at org.dspace.app.itemimport.ItemImport.main(ItemImport.java:430)
     at
     at
     at org.dspace.app.launcher.ScriptLauncher.main(ScriptLauncher.java:183)

My command is:

  ./dspace import --test -a -e haydenyo...@wijiti.com -c 123456789/40 -s
/tmp/ -z item_export_2013_Dec_30_1_103.zip -m /tmp/mapfile

The number of max connections is set to 128 in dspace.cfg. This is just
a demo instance of DSpace so there shouldn't be much going on there. I
could increase the number of connections but 128 seems high considering
hardly anyone accesses this instance (I'm the first person to use it in
2 weeks).

Any help much appreciated.