Hi Bram,

yesterday I tried at least 5 times and did not succeed. This morning I tried to
reproduce it to get you the output of maven en ant, but now everything seems
fine. Now the config directory also contain a dspace.cfg.old and a
dspace.cfg.default, which did not occur yesterday.

This is what I did do yesterday and today.

I first ran a clean install, following instructions. That means, update
build.properties, run mvn -Denv=local package from the [dspace-source]/dspace
directory and ant fresh_install from
[dspace-source]/dspace/target/dspace-<version>-build.dir.

Then I noticed that in the [dspace]/config directory the dspace.url points to
the xmlui while we use the jspui. As build.properties sets only a few
properties, and as the manual stills indicates the dspace.cfg source file to be
the one in [dspace-source]/dspace/config I updated that one and followed the
instructions in the manual. I only changed dspace.url.

*  The "source" file that is found in [dspace-source]/dspace/config/dspace.cfg
*  The "runtime" file that is found in [dspace]/config/dspace.cfg
Always edit the source file, never the runtime file. To keep the two files in
synchronization, you can edit your files in [dspace-source]/dspace/config/ and
then you would run the following commands:
cd [dspace-source]/dspace/
mvn package
cd [dspace-source]/dspace/target/dspace-<version>-build.dir
ant update_configs

Yesterday this copied some directories into a new location (I installed into a
subdirectory (d:/dspace/dspace32) and not the default /dspace) and it copied a
default dspace.cfg with the default values.

Today everything went fine. I'll keep an eye on this. Our server is running on
Linux, so I will perform a test upgrade on Linux as well. For now the problem
seems to be solved.

Just to confirm. The file in [dspace-source]/dspace/config/dspace.cfg does not
get updated with the values you put into build.properties. These are only
copied to the file in the target directory. The file in
[dspace-source]/dspace/config/dspace.cfg  contains default values and variables
like dspace.dir = ${dspace.install.dir} . These can be left, but changes made
to properties are copied over to the file in the target directory and will be
copied over by ant into the [dspace]/config/dspace.cfg file.

Thanks,
Francis

Deze e-mail is uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde(n). Verstrekking aan
en gebruik door anderen is niet toegestaan. Open Universiteit sluit iedere
aansprakelijkheid uit die voortvloeit uit elektronische verzending. Aan de
inhoud van deze e-mail en/of eventueel toegevoegde bijlagen kunnen geen rechten
worden ontleend.

This e-mail is intended exclusively for the addressee(s), and may not be passed
on to, or made available for use by any person other than the addressee(s).
Open Universiteit rules out any and every liability resulting from any
electronic transmission. No rights may be derived from the contents of this
message.