On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 4:49 PM, Evans, Kevin <kevin.ev...@exeter.ac.uk> wrote:
> We have had a request to move the position of the Simple Search box from the
> below the ‘Communities’ list to above it. This has been done on our other
> Dspace Repositories (which were earlier versions) but despite searching the
> template.xsl and structural.xsl, I can’t see how to change it.

Hi Kev,

there are a couple of ways you could do that. I'll write one that I
think requires the least amount of work:

Put this in your theme's XSL file:
    <xsl:template name="disable_front-page-search"
match="dri:div[@id='aspect.discovery.SiteViewer.div.front-page-search']">
    </xsl:template>

And the following block to the appropriate place in
[dspace]/config/news-xmlui.xml (this one assumes you have Discovery
enabled; if you don't, just use the appropriate snippet from DRI and
change the "id" attribute):

interactive="yes" rend="primary" action="/discover"
n="front-page-search" method="get">
<head>Search DSpace</head>
<field id="aspect.discovery.SiteViewer.field.query" n="query" type="text">
<params/>
</field>
<field id="aspect.discovery.SiteViewer.field.submit" n="submit" type="button">
<params/>
<value type="raw">Go</value>
</field>

Regards,