Ian,

I was able to control this in my CSS by setting white-space:pre and
font-family: monospace.

div.license-text {
border: 1px solid #666;
background-color: #EEE;
padding: 20px;
margin: 20px;
margin-top: 5px;
font-family: monospace;
font-size: 12px;
white-space: pre;
}

Terry

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 2:50 PM, Ian Schuyt <isch...@mtroyal.ca> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Let's try this again in plain-text this time...
>
> === System ===
> Dspace 3.2, RedHat 4.4.7
>
> === Issue ===
> I enter our customized license text in /config/default.license and restart
> Tomcat.  The changes are reflected, however the line breaks get ignored on
> the actual HTML submission page that displays the license.
>
> I'm editing the file using VIM editor on the server itself to edit the
> file.  I inspected the line breaks and they appear normal in the file.
>  I've also tried adding the license text to the Collection specifically
> using the admin interface, however this results in the same issue.  I'm
> assuming this might be a relatively common issue, although I haven't found
> any suggestions that were useful in the forums, etc.
>
> Does anyone have any advice on getting these line breaks to be parsed
> correctly?
>
> Thanks,
> Ian

> List Etiquette:

Terry Brady
Applications Programmer Analyst
Georgetown University Library Information Technology
https://www.library.georgetown.edu/lit/code
202-687-7053