From: Joseph Sayah
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2014 4:08 PM
To: 'heli...@centrum.sk'
Cc: dspace-tech@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [Dspace-tech] DSPACE Upgrade...

Dear Sirs,

Kindly I need your help in the upgrading of our DSPACE from version 1.6.0 to
3.2, upon your below advise I prepared the following scenario:

1.      I prepared 2 new servers: one for the middle-tier and one for the
database (Oracle)
2.      I will install from scratch the DSPACE 3.2
3.      I will copy from our current DSPACE 1.6.0 all the files and directories
under "dpsce1.6\assetstore" then I will paste them to the new one under
"dspace3.2\assetsore".
4.      I will import the database from the old oracle database 1.6.0 to the
new oracle database 3.2
5.      I will run all the upgrade oracle scripts that related to the database
(*.sql scripts)
6.      I will add manually the customizations in “dspace.cfg” of the current
version 1.6.0 into “dspace.cfg” of the new version 3.2 and also in the “.cfg”
files that exist under [dspace]/config/modules directory (since in version 3.2
the dspace.cfg has been split up: many “module” configuration have been moved
out of the “dspace.cfg” and into separate configuration files in the
[dspace]/config/modules directory).
7.      I will add manually the customizations in the files  “news-xmlui.xml”
and “imput-forms.xml” for the new version 3.2

Please correct me if I am wrong or if I missed some important steps, thank you
in advance.

Best Regards,

 Joseph N. SAYAH
 ERP Application Administrator
 IT Applications & Solutions, Ext: 1468

 please consider the environment before printing this email