From: ivan.ma...@gmail.com [mailto:ivan.ma...@gmail.com] On Behalf Of helix84
Sent: Thursday, February 06, 2014 10:52 AM
To: Calloni, Rodrigo
Cc: dspace-tech
Subject: Re: [Dspace-tech] How to stop using full text search?

On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 3:56 PM, Calloni, Rodrigo <rcall...@iadb.org> wrote:
> I already commented out the filter.plugins from dspace.org but I don't think
> that is enough.

The Solr index still contains the previously extracted text. You have to
rebuild the Solr index:

[dspace]/bin/dspace update-discovery-index -b

> Is there a configuration that we can do to define which fields will be
> indexed for the search?

Yes, you can comment out the fulltext fields from
[dspace]/solr/search/conf/schema.xml before you reindex.

Alternatively, since you already disabled the filters, you can just remove the
extracted text files from the TEXT bundles and rebuild the index - thus there
will be nothing to add to the index. This approach also ensures that you didn't
leave any extracted bitstreams in TEXT bundles lying around, potentially
exposed anonymously (I don't remember off-hand whether these are accessible via
HTTP).

Regards,
~~helix84