On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 11:32 AM, X ch <todos.somos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to deploy the REST module on a 3.1 DSpace installation, but I'm
> having serious trouble with it. Following this guide:
> https://jspace.atlassian.net/wiki/display/DSPACEAPI/DSpace+REST+API+Home,
> neither first or second possibilities work and the third is unaffordable
> right now.

This is a different REST API. There are at least 5 different
implementations and this is not the one that is part of DSpace 4.

Your stacktrace looks like you're deploying the dspace-rest from
DSpace 4 compiled with DSpace 4 to a container running DSpace 3. That
won't work unless you build it with a separate configuration directory
that has the beans for the appropriate DSpace version (4). I'm not
sure whether it's even possible, because the config directory is
assumed to be ${dspace.dir} + "/config/" and if you change
${dspace.dir}, there won't be the assetstore you want... though you
could create symlinks. You see where I'm going. This is complex and
there's no guarantee that the REST API even works with DSpace 3.

I also tried to build dspace-rest from DSpace 4 with DSpace 3, but it
does depend on some method signatures that changed between these
versions, so this would mean some work, too.

What do you specifically need to use the REST API for? There may be a
different way to do that.

Regards,
~~helix84