Hello again all,

Some basic information first: I'm currently running DSpace 3.2 with a
custom theme based on the Kubrick xmlui theme. The theme was originally
built for DSpace 1.7.x.

I'm having kind of a strange error, one that I think is tied to my custom
theme: the disappearance of the search options in the 'Browse this
collection by' box. To see what it looks like on 1.7.x:
http://bir.brandeis.edu/handle/10192/26250
However, after upgrading, the linked text inside the box vanishes, although
not the header. We have a few collections that have their own custom themes
in addition to the overall custom, including hard-coded collection-browse
boxes which are still functional after upgrade.  If I switch to the
included Mirage theme this problem doesn't occur, which is why I suspect it
has to do with something new being needed in my older Kubrick-based theme.
My configuration appears to be in order, and I checked that the labels
exist in messages.xml. I did not make any alterations to
CollectionViewer.java and the CollectionViewer.class is in my installation.

Any input would be helpful! I've checked all the places I can think of
where this would be broken, but it's entirely possible I'm overlooking
something. Thanks all.
--
Maura
Digital Initiatives Librarian