On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 09:54:32AM +0200, Manuel Subredu wrote:
> we would like to use SRB to host the DSpace data to multiple
> servers/storages in multiple locations but at this moment we don't know
> how are the files (uploaded trough DSpace) stored when using SRB. Are
> they stored in filesystem as plain files (that can be easily recovered
> and included into backups) or are stored within a database or something
> else ?

As I recall, the files are stored just the same way in either case,
whether you have a local filesystem or a filesystem on SRB.  The
database only holds the metadata, regardless.

I don't know SRB well at all, so I don't know how hard it would be to
include it in your backups.  The answer to that should not depend on
DSpace.

--
Mark H. Wood, Lead System Programmer   mw...@iupui.edu
Machines should not be friendly.  Machines should be obedient.