Hi All,

Some may recall that I have posted here earlier discussing OAI harvesting and
upgrading from 1.8.2 -> 3.x -> 4.x
We made a decision to do the upgrades first before dealing with the OAI
harvesting issue (which shouldn't be much of an issue once we upgrade and
configure properly).

We have decided to copy an image of our production server to a VM, do the
necessary upgrades and then put it into production.

My question: is there a way to prevent current users on the production system
from entering new submissions for an indefinite time period while we upgrade
the new 'offline' system until it is ready to be put into production (at which
time we will phase out the old server)?

Best regards,

James Holobetz
Digital Collections Administrator