From: Matthew Sherman [mailto:matt.r.sher...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 26 March 2014 8:06 a.m.
To: dspace-tech
Subject: [Dspace-tech] Java Heap Space Problems

Hi all,

I was hoping some one can give some insight to a problem we are having.  We are
running DSpace 1.8 and every couple of weeks we end up having to reboot the
Tomcat because it crashes due to a Java heap space error.  We have been trying
to correct it since the beginning of the year by incrementally increasing the
memory assigned to Java.  By now we are at half the server memory, roughly 2
GB, assigned to Java and while it is taking longer we still are having to
reboot due to heap space errors.  We are not sure what the issue is and we are
at loss as to how to fix it because throwing more memory at it is not fixing
the problem.  I would welcome any thoughts, suggestions, or advice on how to
fix this.  Thanks for your time and insights.

Matt Sherman