Hi all, my initial suggestion was going to be using Apache mod_rewrite to
rewrite the hdl_ portion of the "set"  query value, but now I realise you
don't know in advance whether it's a collection or a community... (ie.
"com" or "col" in the new value).. that is tricky.
Depending on the number of communities and collections you have, you could
still implement this with a series of rules, one per set (instead of a
regex match/replace), but it doesn't scale very well and needs constant
maintenance as you add/change your community and collection structure.

Just a note -- your actual OAI endpoint URL isn't really changing, just the
set ID format... if a OAI harvester does a request?verb=ListSets as normal,
they'll get back a list of the (new) set IDs and can then harvest them
without worrying about what they used to be, or will be in future... do you
have any harvesters that are configured to just come in and harvest
particular OAI sets?

Cheers

Kim