Hi Daniel,

>> This value is set in org.dspace.browse.SolrBrowseCreateDAO.additionaIndex()
>> using the value returned by getLabel() method of your class implementing
>> ChoiceAuthority interface.
>>
>> Maybe your class return the value of second parameter "key" as-is in the same
>> manner as LCNameAuthority.
>
> Yes, this is the case.

If an authority key has more than one form of the name, this is a common case
in Japanese author, I recommend customizing your getLabel() function.

>> Another way is editing SolrBrowseCreateDAO class itself. Replace the
>> following lines
>>
>> https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/blob/master/dspace-api/src/main/java/org/dspace/browse/SolrBrowseCreateDAO.java#L217-227

>> if (!ignorePrefered)
>> {
>>     preferedLabel = values[x].value;
>> }
>>
>> But in this case, when more than one name has the same authority code,
>> each name is counted and displayed separately. So I do not recommend.

This is my mistake. I assumed you didn't set any properties for discovery
function.

> SolrBrowseCreateDAO seems to check (lines 205-16) whether
> browse.authority.ignore-prefered is set within
> config/modules/discovery.cfg in a similar manner as SolrServiceImpl
> checks (lines 975-985) whether index.authority.ignore-prefered is set to
> true.
> The option for Discovery is documented here:
> https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC4x/Discovery#Discovery-GeneralDiscoverysettings%28config/modules/discovery.cfg%29
> whereas I can't find any documentation for the browse option
> browse.authority.ignore-prefered
>
> Setting index.authority.ignore-prefered for example like this
> index.authority.ignore-prefered.dc.contributor.author=true
> works flawlessly and the discovery sidebar lists the text values and not
> the authority keys. But setting browse.authority.ignore-prefered doesn't
> seem to have any effect, neither globally like
> browse.authority.ignore-prefered=true
> nor specifically like
> browse.authority.ignore-prefered.author=true
>
> Note: We always use this option in combination with
> "authority.ignore-variants"
>
> Is there any possibility we can take advantage of that option?
> The demosite (demo.dspace.org) seems to use choice authority for authors
> but still succeeds to display the text values and not the authority keys
> for browsing. Does anybody know how this is solved there?

I have read the code more seriously and found some doubtful points.
I think there are bugs and you can't get expected results with setting
properties only.

Please refer to the code diff at the following url,
    https://gist.github.com/zuki/11365437

Regards,
Keiji Suzuki