That could very well be useful for administrators.

Cheers
stuart

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark H. Wood [mailto:mw...@iupui.edu]
Sent: Thursday, 22 May 2014 12:49 a.m.
To: dspace-tech@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Dspace-tech] Google Scholar - not indexed correctly

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 02:00:00PM +0200, Bram Luyten wrote:
> Interesting, thank you for reporting back Stuart.
> It's good to know that downtime in the past can trigger exclusion.

This gave me to think.  We have done quite some work to exclude spiders from
the usage statistics, but I wonder if we could use those same judgments to
generate periodic reports showing *only* who is spidering a site, and perhaps
how often or how aggressively.  It might be useful for e.g. noticing that a
desired spider is *not* listed.

--
Mark H. Wood, Lead System Programmer   mw...@iupui.edu
Machines should not be friendly.  Machines should be obedient.