Thanks Hilton,

> http://wiki.lib.sun.ac.za/index.php/SUNScholar/Browse_Indexes/3.2#WARNING

That definitely looks like the issue that I’ve come across – thanks for the
pointer ☺

I guess next I’ll check if rebuilding the lucene index with empty tables as I
did has just “emptied out” the same tables that are indicated for deletion on
that page -  (i.e. that the same tables have been operated on) . . . . (?)

If rebuilding an empty index (as I’ve done) appears to be equivalent to
manually dropping those tables (as suggested on the above page), does anyone
have any thoughts on which might be better (i.e. kill the tables completely or
just empty them)?

Cheers,

Mike

Michael White