Hi,

I was just checking the OAI-PMH output of my new DSpace v4.1 PROD system
against the OAI-PMH validator and was surprised to find the validation had
failed due to a "baseURL mismatch", even though it had all been lovely when I
tested it previously on my DEV system.

[FAIL] baseURL supplied 'http://dspace.stir.ac.uk/oai/request' does not match
the baseURL in the Identify response 'http://localhost:8080/oai/request'.

- and they are quite right (obviously!) - when accessing
http://dspace.stir.ac.uk/oai/request?verb=Identify, I see :

    <request verb="Identify">http://localhost:8080/oai/request</request>
    <Identify>
        <repositoryName>STORRE</repositoryName>
        <baseURL>http://localhost:8080/oai/request</baseURL>

But this all looks OK in my DEV system
(http://dspace4dev.stir.ac.uk:8080/oai/request?verb=Identify):

    <request
verb="Identify">http://dspace4dev.stir.ac.uk:8080/oai/request</request>
    <Identify>
        <repositoryName>STORRE (v4 DEV)</repositoryName>
        <baseURL>http://dspace4dev.stir.ac.uk:8080/oai/request</baseURL>

I've checked through the various config files, and I can't see any difference
(or any unexpected references to localhost) - the main difference between the
systems is that I'm going straight to Tomcat on port 8080 in my DEV environment
and my sys admin colleague has stuck Apache in front of Tomcat for our PROD
system - I'll also add that, in order to validate our DEV system, my sys admin
colleague installed the reverse proxy "pound" so that we could make the DEV
system visible from off campus on port 80, and the OAI-PMH output of my DEV
system also validated correctly through that route.

I've tried clearing the OAI cache and rebuilding the index, but no joy so far .
. .

I also did a search for "localhost" in all the config files to see if I could
see where this might be creeping in, but, again, no joy . . .

So, does anyone have any thoughts on where this reference to localhost could be
creeping in? Is the "baseURL" taken from config somewhere (where?), or assumed
from the URL used to access the OAI interface (which Apache may be mangling)?
Any suggestions of anything else to change/investigate?

Given this works OK in DEV and the configs appear to be the same (or
equivalent) in all the key places (as far as I can tell), I'm wondering if
Apache is to blame for this? But I'd obviously like to eliminate DSpace config
as a suspect before I go back to my sys admin colleague . . .

Any thoughts, insights or pointers would be welcome :-)

Cheers,

Mike

Michael White
eLearning Liaison and Development (eLD)
Information Services
S8, Library
University of Stirling
Stirling SCOTLAND
FK9 4LA
Email: michael.wh...@stir.ac.uk
Tel: +44 (0) 1786 466877
Fax: +44 (0) 1786 466880
http://www.stir.ac.uk/is/staff/about/teams/aldt/#eld

--
The University of Stirling has been ranked in the top 12 of UK universities for
graduate employment*.