Stuart,

Interesting that you consider Mozilla's guidlines too strict.
Bettercrypto.org's are even more so. :)

For reference, I use a "stricter" config than Mozilla's in that I
disallow SSLv3 (as even XP supports TLS 1.0), and I get an A+ on the
Qualys SSL test:

https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=cgspace.cgiar.org

TLS is fun, isn't it?!

Alan